Lips are a unique part of our body in both appearance and construction. Keep yours looking and feeling their best with this simple lip care recipe.
From the colorful fruits of the cacao tree come the raw ingredients for chocolate. The two main substances obtained from the wrinkly pods are cocoa butter and unsweetened chocolate (sold as baking chocolate). This chocolate lip gloss, made from blending together cocoa butter and chocolate, is an excellent lip conditioner with a mildly sweet taste. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated cocoa butter
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 1/4 teaspoon grated chocolate or 3 small chocolate chips (I like to use milk chocolate ones)
1. Using a water bath or the microwave, heat cocoa butter, coconut oil and vitamin E oil gently until melted. Stir in chocolate and keep stirring until melted and well blended. Pour into a small lip gloss container and allow to cool completely.
2. To use: Spread on lips with a clean fingertip or lip brush.
Janice Cox enjoys creating her own natural beauty products at her home in Medford, Oregon. For more of Janice’s wonderful, natural recipes, visit Natural Beauty at Home.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Natural Lip Gloss & Balm at Home.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE