The clean scent of chamomile and lavender are well-known treatments for insomnia, and the natural oil also will help keep your skin soft and smooth. You may use essential oils in place of the fresh blooms—just skip the heating step. Use 1 drop of essential oil in place of each teaspoon of fresh herbs.
• 1 teaspoon fresh chamomile flowers
• 1 teaspoon fresh lavender flowers
• 1/2 cup light oil (almond, avocado or grapeseed)
1. Gently crush fresh herbs and pour oil over them in a heat-resistant container.
2. Use the stovetop or microwave to gently heat but do not boil, then let cool completely.
3. Filter out all solids using a coffee filter.
4. To use: Massage into your skin before bed.