To treat a headache, massage a drop or two of scented oil into your temples or at the base of your neck. Chamomile is a great general calmative.
• 4 drops essential oil (try lavender, peppermint, rosemary or chamomile)
• 1/4 cup grapeseed or almond oil
1. Mix together essential oil and vegetable oil.
2. Pour into a clean container.
3. To use: Massage 1 to 2 drops into your temples and at the base of your neck. Close your eyes, breathe deeply and relax.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009). To buy, visit www.herbcompanion.com/shopping.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Carrier Oils 101.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE