A perfect relaxing massage oil for the evening.
- 1/2 cup each lavender flower buds, rose petals and chamomile flowers
- 2 cups almond oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid lanolin (optional)
- Place herbs in a jar and cover completely with oil. Stir, close the jar and keep warm for a couple of days.
- Strain out the herbs. If you wish to add lanolin to make the oil a little creamier, strain the herbs while the oil is still warm and stir in the lanolin until well blended.
- Pour the oil into a pretty bottle and store in a cool place.
Kathi Keville is director of the American Herb Association and author of 12 books, including Aromatherapy for Dummies (IDG, 1999) and Herbs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (Friedman/Fairfax Publishing, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Recipe for Relaxation.