These are super little sticks to keep with you and use throughout the day, either alone or under your favorite lipstick. I also rub a bit of these Beeswax Lipsticks on my heels at night to soften heels and keep them soft (of course, not the same stick I use on my lips). Use them to condition skin or anywhere you can use a little extra conditioning. MAKES 4 OUNCES, OR 10 TO 12 STICKS
• 1/4 cup grated beeswax
• 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
• 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
• 1 tablespoon light oil (I use almond oil)
• Small, shallow greased pan, or small foil-lined cardboard box (I use empty tea boxes)
1. Mix together the first 4 ingredients in an ovenproof container. Heat mixture gently in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or in a double boiler or water bath on the stove top, until everything is melted and you have a pale golden liquid.
2. Pour melted mixture into pan or box. Allow mixture to cool, then cut into lipsticks.
3. Store in a closed container or wrap each stick individually. These make nice gifts, especially in the winter months when your friends’ lips may need some TLC.
4. To use: Rub the sticks over your lips.