Herbal facials for winter-weary skin.
Chamomile is an especially gentle skin-care ingredient, perfect for those with sensitive skin.
Photo by Fotolia
Makes 1 treatment
This is a good balancer for all skin types. The ingredients are antibacterial and slightly acidic, helping restore the skin’s normal pH after cleansing. You may use it every day.
• 2 tablespoons witch hazel
• 1/2 teaspoon dried chamomile
• 1 teaspoon dried lavender
1. Place all the ingredients in a food chopper and process. Allow to stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
2. Apply to a clean face and leave it on 1 to 3 minutes. Remove it with a damp, cool washcloth. Follow with a moisturizer.
3. This formula may be made up in larger quantities; strain out the herbs or leave them in. It will keep for 1 month or longer in the refrigerator.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE