Makes 1 treatment
This is a good balancer for all skin types. The ingredients are antibacterial and slightly acidic, helping restore the skin’s normal pH after cleansing. You may use it every day.
• 2 tablespoons witch hazel
• 1/2 teaspoon dried chamomile
• 1 teaspoon dried lavender
1. Place all the ingredients in a food chopper and process. Allow to stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
2. Apply to a clean face and leave it on 1 to 3 minutes. Remove it with a damp, cool washcloth. Follow with a moisturizer.
3. This formula may be made up in larger quantities; strain out the herbs or leave them in. It will keep for 1 month or longer in the refrigerator.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE