Get ready for the chilly days ahead—and save money on your utility bills.
Switch to a programmable thermostat and lower your home’s daily temperature by three degrees.
• Replace or clean your furnace filter.
• Switch to a programmable thermostat and lower your home’s daily temperature by three degrees.
• Replace an older furnace or heat pump with Energy Star–rated products.
• Keep doors and heat vents in unoccupied rooms closed.
• Line windows and doors with weather stripping and caulking.
• Seal small leaks around plumbing installations, recessed lights, vents, air ducts, flues, and chimneys using insulation, caulk, or weather stripping.
• Insulate attics, walls, and basements.
• Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120 degrees.
• Insulate your water pipes to prevent freezing.
Sources: Edison Electric Institute, Energy Star Partnership Program
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE