Try this on Grandma’s old-fashioned biscuits.
• 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 3/4 ounces powdered fruit pectin
• 4 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 cup chopped mint leaves
• Green food coloring (optional)
1. Combine unsweetened apple juice, lemon juice, and powdered fruit pectin in an 8-quart pot. Let stand for 2 minutes, stir to dissolve, and bring to a full boil, stirring often.
2. Stir in sugar and chopped mint leaves. Return to a full boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add food coloring if desired.
3. Remove from the heat, skim the foam, and strain out the mint. Ladle into six hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Cover with sterilized lids and process in boiling water for five minutes. Remove the jars and cool.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE