BuildingGreen's favorite green building products this year.
BuildingGreen, publisher of the GreenSpec product directory and Environmental Building News, recently named the 10 most exciting products added to its directory during the past year.
1) Aquia Dual-Flush Toilet: This residential toilet offers two flush options: standard for solid wastes and lower volume for liquid wastes. It can save a family of four 7,000 gallons of water per year.
2) BioNet Erosion-Control Mats: Completely biodegradable BioNet mats by North American Green have a straw and/or coconut-fiber core inside jute netting.
3) Enbryten LED Luminaires: This line of pendant, downlight and sconce luminaires uses high- efficiency, white LEDs (light-emitting diodes).
4) Ice Bear Thermal Energy Storage System: For air-conditioning, this electricity-saving condensing unit freezes and stores tanks of water at night (when electrical-grid demand is low) for cooling use during peak daytime hours.
5) Nybacker Tile Backer-Board: Nybacker is a strong, flexible, tile backer made of recycled carpet.
6) PureBond Hardwood Plywood and Agrifiber-Core Panels: Particleboard panels use a nontoxic, formaldehyde-free, soy-based binder.
7) Stonescape Polymer Composition Tile: PVC-free flooring tile, made from limestone and ethylene acrylic polymers, is free of VOCs.
8) Terratex Biobased Textiles: The Terratex family of commercial fabrics is made from polylactic acid (PLA), produced from corn and other agricultural fibers.
9) RecoupAerator 200DX Energy-Recovery Ventilator: This whole-house air filter/ventilator circulates fresh air and captures pollens and mold spores. Its dehumidistat thwarts mold growth.
10) Uppercut Dual-Flush Flushometer Valve: This water-saving retrofit enables commercial toilets to operate with a standard flush for solid wastes and a lower-volume flush for liquid wastes and paper.
For more information or to purchase the GreenSpec Directory (Sixth Edition).
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE