In this season of harvest, spend time making the food you eat as fresh, natural, and long-lasting as possible. And get your friends and family in on the fun!
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
September / October 2018
1. September 3 is Labor Day. Take a moment on your day off to appreciate the achievements of American workers — including you!
Photo by Getty Images/romrodinka
2. Go apple picking! Enjoy your harvest right away, or make any number of apple butters, sauces, ciders, and pies.
3. Volunteer to help the hungry, or give a donation for Food Bank Day on September 7.
4. Collect, cut, and stack firewood, and make sure your fireplaces and chimneys are clean.
5. Start a garden plot for lettuce, arugula, radishes, and other cold-weather crops.
Photo by Adobe Stock/WavebreakMediaMicro
6. Give up control, and let children and teens cook for Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day on September 13.
Subscribe to Mother Earth Living !
Welcome to Mother Earth Living, the authority on green lifestyle and design. Each issue of Mother Earth Living features advice to create naturally healthy and nontoxic homes for yourself and your loved ones. With Mother Earth Living by your side, you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.