In this season of harvest, spend time making the food you eat as fresh, natural, and long-lasting as possible. And get your friends and family in on the fun!
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
September / October 2018
1. September 3 is Labor Day. Take a moment on your day off to appreciate the achievements of American workers — including you!
Photo by Getty Images/romrodinka
2. Go apple picking! Enjoy your harvest right away, or make any number of apple butters, sauces, ciders, and pies.
3. Volunteer to help the hungry, or give a donation for Food Bank Day on September 7.
4. Collect, cut, and stack firewood, and make sure your fireplaces and chimneys are clean.
5. Start a garden plot for lettuce, arugula, radishes, and other cold-weather crops.
Photo by Adobe Stock/WavebreakMediaMicro
6. Give up control, and let children and teens cook for Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day on September 13.
Get the latest on Natural Health and Sustainable Living with Mother Earth News!
Your friends at Mother Earth Living are committed to natural health and sustainable living. Unfortunately, the financial impact of COVID-19 has challenged us to find a more economical way to achieve this mission. We welcome you to our sister publication Mother Earth News. What you sought in the pages of Mother Earth Living can be found in Mother Earth News. For over 50 years, “The Original Guide to Living Wisely” has focused on organic gardening, herbal medicine, real food recipes, and sustainability. We look forward to going on this new journey with you and providing solutions for better health and self-sufficiency.
The impact of this crisis has no doubt affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will strive to be a useful and inspiring resource during this critical time and for years to come.
Your friends at Mother Earth Living and Mother Earth News
Save Money & a Few Trees!
By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of Mother Earth News for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.