1. Our favorite holiday, Eat an Extra Dessert Day, is on September 4. Enjoy another helping of your chosen sweet treat!
2. Pot up your garden herbs to bring indoors, and enjoy their freshness all winter long.
Photo by Getty Images/rez-art
3. What better way to use homegrown produce than whipping up a batch of guac for Guacamole Day on September 16?
4. Maybe September 26, Johnny Appleseed Day, will inspire you to plant a fruit tree! If you don’t have the space, enjoy an apple-centric meal to celebrate.
5. Did you know you can dig up tomato plants and hang them upside down in a dry, sheltered location to encourage those last green fruits to ripen?