When the coolness of autumn takes over and harvest time nears its end, discover real, warming foods that will brighten your day.
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
September / October 2018
1. Whether you use a new recipe or an old family favorite, get baking on October 1, Homemade Cookies Day.
2. Practice canning or freezing to ensure access to homegrown produce throughout the winter.
Photo by Getty Images/kajakiki
3. Farmers are finishing their harvests too, which makes October 12 the perfect date for Farmers’ Day.
4. Clean the garden. Gently rake dead leaves, empty flower pots, and trim back fading plants.
5. Visit a pumpkin patch to choose gourds for making jack-o’-lanterns and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Photo by Adobe Stock/NOBU
6. Harvest Brussels sprouts after a hard frost. They’ll be much sweeter!
7. Whether you put on a costume, hand out goodies, or turn on scary movies, enjoy Halloween on October 31!
Subscribe to Mother Earth Living !
Welcome to Mother Earth Living, the authority on green lifestyle and design. Each issue of Mother Earth Living features advice to create naturally healthy and nontoxic homes for yourself and your loved ones. With Mother Earth Living by your side, you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.