When you whip these ingredients together in a blender, you’ll get an even, soapy consistency, plus plenty of extra suds.
Note: Washing soda may cause aluminum to pit and change color, so don’t use this soap on aluminum pots and pans.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated castile bar soap
- 1 tablespoon washing soda
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- Vinegar, for rinsing
- In a saucepan, mix water and grated soap over medium heat until the soap is fully dissolved. Add washing soda. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in vegetable glycerin. Let sit overnight.
- In the morning, the mixture should be very thick. Pour into a blender, and mix on a low speed until frothy, about 15 seconds. Store your soap in a covered bowl or another container with a wide mouth. Use a spoon to add a scoop to your dishwater.
- To ensure the castile soap and washing soda don’t leave residue on your dishes, use a couple tablespoons of vinegar in your rinse water.