• Complementary herbs (optional)
• 1 cup baking soda
• 30 to 40 drops essential oils of choice
• Glass jar, with measuring spoon or shaker lid
1. If you’re using herbs, pick those that complement your essential oils. Try dried lavender, rosemary, peppermint, or citrus rinds. Whatever you choose, grind them in an old coffee grinder or blender.
2. Combine herbs, baking soda, and essential oils in your container, and shake thoroughly to combine. Let sit overnight.
3. When you’re ready to use, sprinkle the deodorizer lightly over the carpet from your container or with a spoon. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then vacuum up. NOTE: Check your vacuum manufacturer instructions to ensure that baking soda won’t harm the machine.
Adapted from a recipe on Don’t Waste the Crumbs, where Tiffany blogs about healthy living on a budget.