Hearty Hand Warmers
By Haley Casey
The Holidays are a time for family and friends, for sharing and for giving. Rather than frantically searching for a last-minute gift at a big box store, consider spending a relaxing winter evening making simple homemade gifts. Select stocking stuffers that will help your loved ones relax and indulge. Or, for the friend who has it all, make a donation in their name to share the abundance of the season with those who need it most.
• 1 or 2 pieces of felt
• Embroidery floss and a needle
• Dried lavender or essential oil (optional)
1. Fold felt in half and cut out a heart shape. Use this as your template and cut another. Repeat for set two.
2. Knot embroidery thread at the end and thread the needle. Start sewing 2 of the 4 heart shapes together.
3. When you’ve sewn about 3/4 of the way around the heart, pour the rice and lavender (or drops of essential oil) inside. The amount will vary based on the size of your heart. Use your finger to evenly distribute, but don’t pack it in too tightly because you’ll need to be able to sew it shut.
4. Finish sewing and knot to secure.
5. To use, heat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds and tuck them into your pockets for toasty fingers.
Adapted with permission from Hello Glow.
Organic Gardening Basics: Organic Pest and Weed Control
Our gardening experts’ best tips will arm you with the knowledge you need to win the war on garden pests and weeds, no chemicals needed.
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.