These make me so happy! Squeeze and smell. They really work. The blend of essential oils is chosen to reduce anxiety and induce calm using common things you have in your garden and bathroom. If you don’t have essential oils, just use the fresh stuff and refresh it with new ones weekly (or more often if you have squished the life out of it after a particularly stressful day).
Yield: makes 1
- 5 drops of thyme essential oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 4 cotton wool balls or pads
- 4 sprigs each of oregano, sage, thyme and basil, ripped into pieces
- 4 sprigs of lavender, ripped into pieces
- a handful of dried rose petals
- small square of muslin, cheesecloth or the end of an old stocking
- piece of string
Put each type of essential oil onto an individual cotton wool ball or pad. Stuff them and all the herbs and flowers into the muslin, cheesecloth or stocking. Tie up securely with string and every time you are feeling a little stressed, squeeze and smell. Make a new one regularly to keep it fresh.
Cover courtesy of Kyle Books
More from The Art of Herbs for Health:
The Art of Herbs for Health by Rebecca Sullivan © 2018 Kyle Books, Photographs © 2018 Nassima Rothacker, Illustrations © 2018 Chrissy Lau. No images may be used, in print or electronically, without written consent from the publisher.