Why they’re important: After we’ve managed the difficult task of creating a pile of things to donate, it can be equally difficult to find a worthwhile charity to accept the delivery of certain items, or even to get them there. Donation Town is an online database of nonprofits in need of non-cash, gently used donations, from clothes to appliances to small furniture. The best part is that every charity listed will pick up your items free of charge.
While there are many great causes to support with a monetary donation or by volunteering your time, there are families locally and nationally that need household goods. What has become clutter to you will be brand new and incredibly useful to someone else. While your home gets cleaner, someone else’s life gets better.
What they do:
• Connect donors and charities through free donation pick-up services.
• Only accept non-cash donations, all of which are tax-deductible.
• Help donors make informed decisions about where they can and should donate goods.
Did you know?
• Six billion people across the world live on less than $13,000 per year.
• The average American throws away 65 pounds of clothing per year.
• America only contains 3.1 percent of the world’s children, but these children own 40 percent of the toys consumed globally.