The holidays are coming! Prep your pantry, home, and self for the return of cold weather and family traditions.
By Mother Earth Living Editors
1. Samhain, the ancient Gaelic festival, ends on November 1. Honor the end of the harvest and the beginning of winter!
Photo by Adobe/alexeyborodin
2. Freeze sweet potato and pumpkin purees to have on hand as we near the holidays.
4. Mulch fallen leaves to use as garden protection from winter weather.
5. November 15 is Clean Out Your Fridge Day. Make room for upcoming holiday treats!
6. Collect colorful autumn leaves, and preserve them in beeswax or pressed glass for gorgeous natural décor.
7. Thanksgiving falls on November 22. Enjoy family and friends, and take time to be grateful for all you have.
Photo by Getty Images/Dziggyfoto
8. Need a pick-me-up? Celebrate National Espresso Day on November 23 with your favorite coffee.
Get the latest on Natural Health and Sustainable Living with Mother Earth News!
Your friends at Mother Earth Living are committed to natural health and sustainable living. Unfortunately, the financial impact of COVID-19 has challenged us to find a more economical way to achieve this mission. We welcome you to our sister publication Mother Earth News. What you sought in the pages of Mother Earth Living can be found in Mother Earth News. For over 50 years, “The Original Guide to Living Wisely” has focused on organic gardening, herbal medicine, real food recipes, and sustainability. We look forward to going on this new journey with you and providing solutions for better health and self-sufficiency.
The impact of this crisis has no doubt affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will strive to be a useful and inspiring resource during this critical time and for years to come.
Your friends at Mother Earth Living and Mother Earth News
Save Money & a Few Trees!
By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of Mother Earth News for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.