The holidays are coming! Prep your pantry, home, and self for the return of cold weather and family traditions.
By Mother Earth Living Editors
1. Samhain, the ancient Gaelic festival, ends on November 1. Honor the end of the harvest and the beginning of winter!
Photo by Adobe/alexeyborodin
2. Freeze sweet potato and pumpkin purees to have on hand as we near the holidays.
4. Mulch fallen leaves to use as garden protection from winter weather.
5. November 15 is Clean Out Your Fridge Day. Make room for upcoming holiday treats!
6. Collect colorful autumn leaves, and preserve them in beeswax or pressed glass for gorgeous natural décor.
7. Thanksgiving falls on November 22. Enjoy family and friends, and take time to be grateful for all you have.
Photo by Getty Images/Dziggyfoto
8. Need a pick-me-up? Celebrate National Espresso Day on November 23 with your favorite coffee.
Subscribe to Mother Earth Living !
Welcome to Mother Earth Living, the authority on green lifestyle and design. Each issue of Mother Earth Living features advice to create naturally healthy and nontoxic homes for yourself and your loved ones. With Mother Earth Living by your side, you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.