The holidays are coming! Prep your pantry, home, and self for the return of cold weather and family traditions.
By Mother Earth Living Editors
1. Samhain, the ancient Gaelic festival, ends on November 1. Honor the end of the harvest and the beginning of winter!
Photo by Adobe/alexeyborodin
2. Freeze sweet potato and pumpkin purees to have on hand as we near the holidays.
4. Mulch fallen leaves to use as garden protection from winter weather.
5. November 15 is Clean Out Your Fridge Day. Make room for upcoming holiday treats!
6. Collect colorful autumn leaves, and preserve them in beeswax or pressed glass for gorgeous natural décor.
7. Thanksgiving falls on November 22. Enjoy family and friends, and take time to be grateful for all you have.
Photo by Getty Images/Dziggyfoto
8. Need a pick-me-up? Celebrate National Espresso Day on November 23 with your favorite coffee.
Get the latest on Healthy Living and Natural Beauty!
Redefine beauty and embrace holistic living with Mother Earth Living by your side. Each issue provides you with easy, hands-on ways to connect your life with the natural world -- from eating seasonally to culinary and medicinal uses of herbs; from aromatherapy and DIY cosmetics to yoga and beyond. Start your journey to holistic living today and you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.