By Mother Earth Living Editors
1. Whichever holiday you celebrate — decorate! Hang lights, create a garland, or set out your favorite ornaments.
2. Hanukkah begins on December 2. Gather with family for commemorative games, food, and ceremony.
3. Craft holiday cards, or pen a simple note to wish someone well for Letter Writing Day on December 7.
4. Observe the Winter Solstice on December 21 by focusing celebrations on the cycles of life and nature.
5. Stay active, even in the cold; try ice skating, sledding, or cross-country skiing.
6. On a quiet night, bundle up for a walk or a drive around the neighborhood to view the Christmas lights.
7. Wake up and celebrate Christmas on December 25 by giving and receiving food and gifts from those you love.
Get the latest on Natural Health and Sustainable Living with Mother Earth News!
Your friends at Mother Earth Living are committed to natural health and sustainable living. Unfortunately, the financial impact of COVID-19 has challenged us to find a more economical way to achieve this mission. We welcome you to our sister publication Mother Earth News. What you sought in the pages of Mother Earth Living can be found in Mother Earth News. For over 50 years, “The Original Guide to Living Wisely” has focused on organic gardening, herbal medicine, real food recipes, and sustainability. We look forward to going on this new journey with you and providing solutions for better health and self-sufficiency.
The impact of this crisis has no doubt affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will strive to be a useful and inspiring resource during this critical time and for years to come.
Your friends at Mother Earth Living and Mother Earth News
Save Money & a Few Trees!
By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of Mother Earth News for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.