As the rainy season begins, freshen your home and your garden with a few fun projects.
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
March / April 2018
1. Naturally dye eggs for a family-friendly craft! Try using turmeric, marigolds, red cabbage, and black tea.
Photo by Getty Images/arinahabich
2. Utilize storm season by reconnecting your rain barrel after checking the fittings and fixings.
3. Fill your bird feeders and bird baths with fresh food and water.
4. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22 by foraging for Mother Nature’s young spring greens.
5. Tend to perennials. Prune, separate, and cut back unneeded growth.
6. Practice seasonal eating by making a fresh salad garnished with edible flowers.
7. Don’t forget spring cleaning! To make a countertop spray, mix 3 cups of white vinegar, 1 cup of water, and 20 drops of your favorite essential oil.
Photo by Getty Images/Geo-grafika
Get the latest on Natural Health and Sustainable Living with Mother Earth News!
Your friends at Mother Earth Living are committed to natural health and sustainable living. Unfortunately, the financial impact of COVID-19 has challenged us to find a more economical way to achieve this mission. We welcome you to our sister publication Mother Earth News. What you sought in the pages of Mother Earth Living can be found in Mother Earth News. For over 50 years, “The Original Guide to Living Wisely” has focused on organic gardening, herbal medicine, real food recipes, and sustainability. We look forward to going on this new journey with you and providing solutions for better health and self-sufficiency.
The impact of this crisis has no doubt affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will strive to be a useful and inspiring resource during this critical time and for years to come.
Your friends at Mother Earth Living and Mother Earth News
Save Money & a Few Trees!
By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of Mother Earth News for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.