As the rainy season begins, freshen your home and your garden with a few fun projects.
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
March / April 2018
1. Naturally dye eggs for a family-friendly craft! Try using turmeric, marigolds, red cabbage, and black tea.
Photo by Getty Images/arinahabich
2. Utilize storm season by reconnecting your rain barrel after checking the fittings and fixings.
3. Fill your bird feeders and bird baths with fresh food and water.
4. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22 by foraging for Mother Nature’s young spring greens.
5. Tend to perennials. Prune, separate, and cut back unneeded growth.
6. Practice seasonal eating by making a fresh salad garnished with edible flowers.
7. Don’t forget spring cleaning! To make a countertop spray, mix 3 cups of white vinegar, 1 cup of water, and 20 drops of your favorite essential oil.
Photo by Getty Images/Geo-grafika
Subscribe to Mother Earth Living !
Welcome to Mother Earth Living, the authority on green lifestyle and design. Each issue of Mother Earth Living features advice to create naturally healthy and nontoxic homes for yourself and your loved ones. With Mother Earth Living by your side, you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.