As the rainy season begins, freshen your home and your garden with a few fun projects.
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
March / April 2018
1. Naturally dye eggs for a family-friendly craft! Try using turmeric, marigolds, red cabbage, and black tea.
Photo by Getty Images/arinahabich
2. Utilize storm season by reconnecting your rain barrel after checking the fittings and fixings.
3. Fill your bird feeders and bird baths with fresh food and water.
4. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22 by foraging for Mother Nature’s young spring greens.
5. Tend to perennials. Prune, separate, and cut back unneeded growth.
6. Practice seasonal eating by making a fresh salad garnished with edible flowers.
7. Don’t forget spring cleaning! To make a countertop spray, mix 3 cups of white vinegar, 1 cup of water, and 20 drops of your favorite essential oil.
Photo by Getty Images/Geo-grafika
Get the latest on Healthy Living and Natural Beauty!
Redefine beauty and embrace holistic living with Mother Earth Living by your side. Each issue provides you with easy, hands-on ways to connect your life with the natural world -- from eating seasonally to culinary and medicinal uses of herbs; from aromatherapy and DIY cosmetics to yoga and beyond. Start your journey to holistic living today and you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.