The blend can be made into a massage oil at a three percent dilution—made by adding fifteen drops of the essential oil blend per ounce of carrier oil. Cypress is an especially effective essential oil for treating varicose veins.
- 10 drops cypress
- 10 drops lavender or geranium
- 5 drops rosemary or juniper
- 5 drops chamomile
- Apply the blend very gently to the legs several times per day.
- For treating hemorrhoids, squeeze one tablespoon of KY jelly into a small, wide-mouth jar and mix in approximately five drops of the essential oil blend.
- Alternatively, mix with the same amount of calendula salve or St. John’s wort oil. Apply several times per day as needed.
Mindy Green of Boulder, Colorado, is the author of Natural Perfumes: Simple Aromatherapy Recipes (Interweave Press, 1999), and the education director at the Herb Research Foundation.