Make this homemade anti-aging lotion with yarrow for skin that stays healthy and moisturized.
Why use wrinkle creams that are full of toxic chemicals and cost a fortune, when you can make your own that are much better for your skin and overall health? Some people experience skin irritation from yarrow, so it’s a good idea to test this cream on an inconspicuous area, such as the inside of your wrist, and wait at least 48 hours before using on your face.
• 2 teaspoons dried yarrow flowers and leaves, or 4 teaspoons fresh yarrow flowers and leaves 1 cup water
• 3/4 cup sweet almond oil or apricot kernel oil
• 2 tablespoons shaved beeswax
1. Boil water and pour it over yarrow. Cover mixture and let brew for 10 to 20 minutes. Strain out yarrow, reserving yarrow-infused water. Set aside.
2. Pour oil into a Pyrex measuring cup and add beeswax. Set measuring cup in a saucepan of water that reaches about halfway up the side of the measuring cup. Heat mixture until beeswax melts, then immediately remove measuring cup from heat. Allow to cool for a minute or two, but not longer, as the beeswax will begin to harden.
3. Pour yarrow-infused water into a blender, cover, and begin blending on high speed. With blender running, slowly pour beeswax mixture through the hole in the blender lid. The mixture will begin to thicken after about three-quarters of the beeswax has been incorporated.
4. Once beeswax is fully blended, immediately pour lotion into a 16-ounce glass jar or two 8-ounce glass jars. Use a spatula to remove any remaining cream from the blender. The cream lasts about 3 months and is bestkept in the refrigerator.
Makes approximately 1-3/4 cups.
Check out more body care recipes:
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE