Try this method to make your own herb oil for making salves.
You can easily make herbal oils in an afternoon using dried herbs.
Photo by Fotolia/daffodilred
• 1/3 cup dried plant material
• 1 cup olive oil
While I’ve provided exact measurements, many herbalists don’t use them. The general rule is that you want an inch of oil covering the dried herbs you wish to infuse on the stovetop.
1. Put double boiler on the stovetop over low to medium heat.
2. Add plant material, then cover completely with olive oil.
3. Simmer on stovetop for 1 to 2 hours. Make sure it never does more than simmer as it’s easy to damage herbal oils with heat. You may need to turn the heat off periodically to keep it from getting too hot.
4. Allow mixture to completely cool, then strain out plant material. Label oil.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE