In The Complete Guide to Natural Homemade Beauty Products and Treatments: 175 Recipes from Scrubs and Masks to Moisturizers and Shampoo Amelia Ruiz shows readers how to pamper yourself naturally. With 175 soothing homemade beauty products, readers with learn to bring out their beauty naturally from head to toe. The following excerpt is from Chapter 5, "Eye, Mouth, Hand, and Nail Treatments."
Rose water has such a lovely, old fashioned aroma. It's especially nice in this effective hand moisturizer.
- 1/2-cup canning jar with lid
- 1 tbsp rose water (see Tips)
- 2 tsp liquid glycerin (see Tips)
- 1/2 tsp liquid honey (see Tips)
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 20 drops lemon juice
Note: Always measure accurately when you're making homemade beauty products.
- In jar, combine rose water, glycerin, honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Seal lid tightly and shake vigorously until well mixed and creamy.
- Smooth lotion all over hands. Store jar in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months.
- Liquid honey often crystallizes in the jar when it's stored in a warm place. There's nothing wrong with it in this state, and you can easily reliquefy it. Just pop the uncovered jar into a saucepan of warm water and heat it gently, stirring the honey until the crystals dissolve and it turns clear again.
- Glycerin is an effective moisturizer that is often added to beauty products. Look for bottles of it at cosmetic-supply stores or online.
- Rose water is commonly used in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Indian and North African cuisine, so look for bottles of this fragrant essence at specialty grocery stores.
More from The Complete Guide to Natural Homemade Beauty Products and Treatments:
Courtesy of The Complete Guide to Natural Homemade Beauty Products and Treatments by Amelia Ruiz © 2016 www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.