Get started on the path to natural health when you learn how to make herbal pills.
If you are used to taking over-the-counter pills for a headache, there’s no reason you can’t make your own headache pills as a replacement. Making herb pills is easy for anyone who’s ever played with modeling dough. Make them any size you like, noting appropriate dosing details for the herbs used. Store them in the fridge so they stay soft, and make them with any spice you like. Do you like chocolate? Roll your headache pills in cocoa powder. We don’t have to step completely out of your comfort zones to live naturally.
1. Start with a blend of finely powdered herbs.
2. Add a dollop of raw honey and enough water until the mix resembles bread dough.
3. Split your dough into two or three pieces and roll them into a thin rope.
4. Cut the rope into small segments.
5. Roll each segment into pea-sized balls or smaller.
6. Coat each ball in a powder of your choice (cinnamon, cocoa, etc.) and refrigerate in a glass jar until needed.
Learn more about building your herbal apothecary in The Home Herbalist’s Local Apothecary.