• 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
• 2 tablespoons dried sage
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender
• 2 tablespoons dried wormwood
• 2 tablespoons dried peppermint
• 1 quart raw, organic apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
1. In a clean, quart-size glass jar, combine the first five herbs and apple cider vinegar. Cover and steep in a cool dark place for about 2 weeks, shaking daily.
2. Strain out herbs and return vinegar to jar. Add garlic and cover. Let steep for a few days more and strain again. Store in the fridge for up to 6 months.
Note: Wormwood is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, and could be problematic for those with a kidney disorder, a seizure disorder, porphyria or a ragweed allergy.
Discover some the best natural remedies for wintertime health in The Best Herbal Remedies for Winter.
Recipe excerpted from Herbal Goddess: Discover the Amazing Spirit of 12 Healing Herbs with Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More by Amy Jirsa.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE