Healing “Four Thieves” Vinegar Recipe
• 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
• 2 tablespoons dried sage
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender
• 2 tablespoons dried wormwood
• 2 tablespoons dried peppermint
• 1 quart raw, organic apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
1. In a clean, quart-size glass jar, combine the first five herbs and apple cider vinegar. Cover and steep in a cool dark place for about 2 weeks, shaking daily.
2. Strain out herbs and return vinegar to jar. Add garlic and cover. Let steep for a few days more and strain again. Store in the fridge for up to 6 months.
Note: Wormwood is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, and could be problematic for those with a kidney disorder, a seizure disorder, porphyria or a ragweed allergy.
Discover some the best natural remedies for wintertime health in The Best Herbal Remedies for Winter.
Recipe excerpted from Herbal Goddess: Discover the Amazing Spirit of 12 Healing Herbs with Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More by Amy Jirsa.