This Calendula Salve recipe is a natural skin remedy made of herbs that you can make at home.
This Calendula Salve recipe is a topical application that is safe to use for skin problems.
Calendula salve is easy to make, but it requires advance planning because you first need to infuse the calendula flowers in oil and let them steep for at least one week.
• 1/4 cup dried calendula flowers
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/8 cup grated beeswax
• 40 drops lavender essential oil
1. To make the infused oil, put calendula flowers into a pint-size canning jar. Add the olive oil and stir well.
2. Cover the jar with a lid and place the jar in a sunny window.
3. When the oil turns a deep golden yellow (this generally takes one to two weeks), strain the oil through several layers of cheesecloth to remove the flowers.
Read more about topical herb remedies: Topical Herbs for Skin Problems.