Turn to these aromatherapy recipes to provide cold and flu relief this season.
Eucalyptus essential oil makes this sea salt bath perfect for when you have a cold.
Jade Shutes, a holistic aromatherapist and founder of The East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies near Raleigh, North Carolina (theida.com), recommends these treatments.
• 2 cups fine sea salt or Epsom salts
• 5 drops rosemary essential oil
• 4 drops eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus globulus for adults, or E. radiata for adults, adolescents and children)
• 2 drops lemon essential oil
Combine ingredients in a glass bowl. Fill bath, add sea salt blend, get into the bath and swish water to break down salts and disperse oils.
• 1 ounce sunflower oil
• 6 drops rosemary essential oil
• 4 drops peppermint essential oil
• 3 drops ginger essential oil
• 4 drops lemon essential oil
Mix ingredients in a glass bowl, then rub over chest, upper back, neck and shoulders. Apply morning and evening, or as needed.
• 4 cups water
• 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 1 drop rosemary essential oil
• 1 drop lemon essential oil
Bring water to a boil. Remove from stove and add essential oils. Place a towel over your head and lean over steaming water. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. Close your eyes to avoid irritation.
Get more helpful tips to feel better faster in Natural Cold and Flu Remedies.
Chrystle Fiedler is the author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Remedies and many other natural health titles. Find her at chrystlefiedler.com.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE