This Sunflower Seed Bath recipe creates a soothing home bath using natural herbs and botanicals.
Try this Sunflower Seed Bath recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
• 1/4 cup shelled, raw sunflower seeds
• 1/4 cup oatmeal
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1. In a coffee grinder or food processor, grind sunflower seeds and oatmeal until you have a smooth powder the consistency of whole-grain flour. Stir in spices and vitamin E oil and mix well.
2. Store mixture in an airtight container.
3. To use: Pour bath soak into a warm tub of water and stir well to mix. Moisturize your skin after bathing with some sunflower oil or a rich cream.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE