This Myrna Loy Bath recipe creates a soothing home bath using natural herbs and botanicals.
Try this Myrna Loy Bath recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
I have always thought of Myrna Loy and Clark Gable as the king and queen of Hollywood. Myrna was known for playing exotic women. In her 1933 hit movie The Barbarian, the star luxuriated in a petal-strewn bath. That bath scene was where I got the idea for this recipe—it will bring out your “inner movie star.”
• 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
• 1/4 cup mild liquid soap
• 1/4 cup rosewater
• 2 to 3 drops gardenia essential oil
• Fresh rose petals and gardenia flowers
1. Stir together oil, soap and rosewater.
2. Add gardenia oil and stir well.
3. Pour into a clean container.
4. To use: Pour under running water as you fill the bath. For a bit of extra indulgence, float fresh rose petals and gardenia flowers on top of your bathwater. Yield: 4 ounces, enough for one bath.
Garden note: Gardenias are good plants to grow in your bathroom since they thrive in warm, humid environments.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.