This Herbal Deodorant recipe is easy to make and ends body odor by using deodorizing herbs and essential oils.
Try this Herbal Deodorant recipe to remove body odor safely and naturally.
Natural odor-fighting herbs, such as thyme (Thymus vulgaris), sage (Salvia officinalis), lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) make a light, refreshing deodorant. Apple cider vinegar has natural antibacterial properties.
• 2 tablespoons dried thyme
• 2 tablespoons dried sage
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender
• 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 1 cup distilled witch hazel
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Steep herbs in witch hazel in a covered jar for one week. Strain, and pour into a spray bottle.
2. Add vinegar and shake well. Spray under arms as needed.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Read more about how to make homemade deodorant: Natural Deodorant Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE