Makes 1 to 2 applications
Try this mask after a day of manual labor to soothe and soften aching hands.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh mullein flowers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons glycerin
- Combine all of the ingredients, blend, and let stand for 10 minutes. Apply to clean skin and leave on for 15 minutes.
- For maximum softening, wrap the masked hands with warm, wet towels for 15 minutes, then wipe off the mask.
Adapted from The Skin Care Book: Simple Herbal Recipes by Kathlyn Quatrochi (Loveland, Colorado: Interweave Press, 1997). Kathlyn is a naturopathic doctor who lives in California, where she teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Bio Balance Skin Care Products.
Click here for more recipes from the original article, Skin Deep.