This Geranium Petal Body Scrub recipe creates a soothing body cleanser using natural herbs and botanicals.
Try this Geranium Petal Body Scrub recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
This sweet-scented body scrub is perfect for freshening and moisturizing. Body scrubs are helpful because they stimulate circulation. A gentle rubdown can counteract stress, help rid the body of excess fluid, and really energize your whole system. This is a good all-over treatment to use during your morning shower. I like to use raw sugar for its coarse texture and subtle molasses scent. People with oily skin should reduce the amount of walnut oil called for in this recipe—or leave it out completely.
• 1 cup raw sugar
• 12 dried geranium flower heads
• 1/4 cup walnut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 1 to 2 drops geranium essential oil
1. Mix together all ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Spoon into a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid.
2. To use: Massage a tablespoon or two all over your body to gently exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
Store remaining scrub in a cool, dry location. Stir product between uses. Yield: 10 ounces, enough for four full-body treatments.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.