This English Lavender Oatmeal Bath recipe creates a soothing home bath using natural herbs and botanicals.
Try this English Lavender Oatmeal Bath recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
There are 28 different species of lavender. English lavender is especially aromatic and one of the most widely planted varieties. This recipe contains lavender to relax, as well as oatmeal and baking soda, to soothe dry, sensitive skin. This is an ideal bath for calming nerves, or soothing sunburns or insect bites. Packaged in a pretty bottle, it makes a wonderful gift from the garden.
• 1 cup dried English lavender flowers (other species may be used)
• 2 cups oatmeal
• 1/2 cup baking soda
1. Place all the ingredients inside a food processor or blender.
2. Grind until you have a smooth, fine powder. The powder should have the consistency of whole-grain flour.
3. Pour into a clean, airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
4. To use: Pour 1/2 cup into your bath as you fill the tub. Yield: 28 ounces, enough for seven baths.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.