• 3 tbsp beeswax
• 3 tbsp shea butter
• 4 tbsp solid coconut oil
• 2 tbsp baking soda
• 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
• 20 to 40 drops essential oils of choice (optional)
• Two 2.5-ounce deodorant containers
1. Add beeswax and shea butter to a double boiler. Once soft, add coconut oil and stir until ingredients melt.
2. Turn off the stove. Without removing pot from the heat, add baking soda and arrowroot powder. Stir until fully combined. If using essential oils (such as lavender or tea tree), add those now. Use only oils you’ve deemed safe after conducting a skin-patch test.
3. When all ingredients are well mixed, pour the liquid into deodorant containers. They’ll need about 30 minutes to harden at room temperature. Once solid, this will roll on like any other deodorant stick!
Recipe by Carolina King from the blog Mama Instincts.