This Cold Comfort Lavender Flower Bath recipe creates a soothing home bath using natural herbs and botanicals.
This Cold Comfort Bath recipe lets you enjoy a soothing bath using herbal and botanical ingredients.
Try this Cold Comfort Lavender Flower Bath recipe for a soothing, refreshing bath experience.
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers and leaves
• 2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves
• 1 tablespoon dried ginger root powder
• 2 tablespoons dried eucalyptus leaves
• Fresh eucalyptus leaves, rosemary leaves to float in bathwater (optional)
1. Mix together dried herbs.
2. Place them inside a square of natural fabric or a metal tea ball. Secure your bundle by tying the ends with a bit of sting.
3. To use: Hang the herb bag under your water tap. Fill the tub with warm (not too hot) water, letting the water flow through the herbs. Get in the bath, squeeze out your herb bag and place it behind your neck as you bathe. You also may use it to scrub your body with a bit of soap. Yield: 3 1/2 ounces.
Adapted with permission from Natural Beauty from the Garden: More than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes and Garden Ideas by Janice Cox.
Janice Cox is a longtime gardener and Herb Companion contributor.
Read more about bath recipes using natural ingredients: Herb and Botanical Bath Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE