This Aromatherapy Deodorant Powder recipe is easy to make and ends body odor by using deodorizing herbs and essential oils.
This Aromatherapy Deodorant Powder recipe is made from safe, natural ingredients.
Photo by Fotolia/Constantinos
Try this Aromatherapy Deodorant Powder recipe to remove body odor safely and naturally.
Body powders absorb excess perspiration, and a combination of cypress, lavender and petitgrain essential oils combat odor-causing bacteria. This powder can be used on feet, too.
• 1/2 cup arrowroot
• 2 tablespoons white cosmetic clay
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 10 drops cypress essential oil
• 10 drops petitgrain essential oil
1. Mix together arrowroot and cosmetic clay.
2. Add essential oils drop by drop to the powder, mixing well with your fingers.
3. Store in a tightly covered container, and let the mixture sit for a couple of days before using. Apply with a powder puff or with your fingers.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Read more about how to make homemade deodorant: Natural Deodorant Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE