This herbal tea recipe is ideal for soothing frazzled nerves and calming your hectic thoughts.
Take a break from your hectic day with a cup of herbalist and Herbs for Health editorial adviser Christopher Hobbs’ Infusion of Calmness tea blend. Drink a cup several times a day.
Makes 4 cups.
• 1 quart boiling water
• 3 teaspoons linden flowers (Tilia x europaea)
• 3 teaspoons chamomile flowers (Matricaria recutita)
• 3 teaspoons eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
• 3 teaspoons passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
• 3 teaspoons dried orange peel
• 1/2 teaspoon stevia leaf (Stevia rebaudiana)
1. Put all of the herbs in a pan and pour the boiling water over them. 2. Cover the pan, and let the brew steep for 15 minutes. 3. Strain the mixture and drink. Source: Hobbs, Christopher. Herbal Remedies for Dummies. Foster City, California: IDG, 1998.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE