Summer is a time to get outside, to get away, and to get inspired with ideas for health and happiness. Enjoy nature in full bloom. Spend a weekend at the lake. Or look below for more specific tasks to mark off your “could-do” calendar.
July / August 2018
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
1. July 3 is Compliment Your Mirror Day. Recognize your strengths and beauties, and say them aloud.
Photo by Adobe Stock/AYAimages
2. The Fourth of July means family, cold drinks, and the magic of fireworks.
3. Summer vacation! Choose a destination, no matter how close or far, and get away for a while.
Photo by Getty Images/wundervisuals
4. If you travel, take precautions — such as timed lights and informed neighbors — to keep your home safe.
5. Soothe a sunburn using 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 drops chamomile essential oil. Apply for 15 minutes.
6. Visit Public Gardens to find combinations of native plants you can grow at home.
7. On July 26, All or Nothing Day, set aside uncertainty and go for broke on what’s been calling you.
Get the latest on Healthy Living and Natural Beauty!
Redefine beauty and embrace holistic living with Mother Earth Living by your side. Each issue provides you with easy, hands-on ways to connect your life with the natural world -- from eating seasonally to culinary and medicinal uses of herbs; from aromatherapy and DIY cosmetics to yoga and beyond. Start your journey to holistic living today and you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.