Summer is a time to get outside, to get away, and to get inspired with ideas for health and happiness. Enjoy nature in full bloom. Spend a weekend at the lake. Or look below for more specific tasks to mark off your “could-do” calendar.
July / August 2018
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
1. July 3 is Compliment Your Mirror Day. Recognize your strengths and beauties, and say them aloud.
Photo by Adobe Stock/AYAimages
2. The Fourth of July means family, cold drinks, and the magic of fireworks.
3. Summer vacation! Choose a destination, no matter how close or far, and get away for a while.
Photo by Getty Images/wundervisuals
4. If you travel, take precautions — such as timed lights and informed neighbors — to keep your home safe.
5. Soothe a sunburn using 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 drops chamomile essential oil. Apply for 15 minutes.
6. Visit Public Gardens to find combinations of native plants you can grow at home.
7. On July 26, All or Nothing Day, set aside uncertainty and go for broke on what’s been calling you.
Get the latest on Natural Health and Sustainable Living with Mother Earth News!
Your friends at Mother Earth Living are committed to natural health and sustainable living. Unfortunately, the financial impact of COVID-19 has challenged us to find a more economical way to achieve this mission. We welcome you to our sister publication Mother Earth News. What you sought in the pages of Mother Earth Living can be found in Mother Earth News. For over 50 years, “The Original Guide to Living Wisely” has focused on organic gardening, herbal medicine, real food recipes, and sustainability. We look forward to going on this new journey with you and providing solutions for better health and self-sufficiency.
The impact of this crisis has no doubt affected every aspect of our daily lives. We will strive to be a useful and inspiring resource during this critical time and for years to come.
Your friends at Mother Earth Living and Mother Earth News
Save Money & a Few Trees!
By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of Mother Earth News for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.