Summer is a time to get outside, to get away, and to get inspired with ideas for health and happiness. Enjoy nature in full bloom. Spend a weekend at the lake. Or look below for more specific tasks to mark off your “could-do” calendar.
July / August 2018
By the Mother Earth Living Editors
1. July 3 is Compliment Your Mirror Day. Recognize your strengths and beauties, and say them aloud.
Photo by Adobe Stock/AYAimages
2. The Fourth of July means family, cold drinks, and the magic of fireworks.
3. Summer vacation! Choose a destination, no matter how close or far, and get away for a while.
Photo by Getty Images/wundervisuals
4. If you travel, take precautions — such as timed lights and informed neighbors — to keep your home safe.
5. Soothe a sunburn using 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 drops chamomile essential oil. Apply for 15 minutes.
6. Visit Public Gardens to find combinations of native plants you can grow at home.
7. On July 26, All or Nothing Day, set aside uncertainty and go for broke on what’s been calling you.