Frankincense Antiwrinkle Cream
This luxurious moisturizer helps soothe skin, reduce blemishes and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Unlike most of the anti-aging creams on the market, this one does not contain petrochemical-based products or chemical preservatives, making it a real treat for your skin. Keep in mind that because it is free of preservatives, it doesn’t last as long as chemical-laced commercial products, so you’ll want to use it within a month or keep it for up to three months in the refrigerator. You may want to use an old blender for this recipe, as the beeswax can leave a film that is difficult to completely remove.
• 3/4 cup sweet almond, apricot kernel or fractionated coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons shaved beeswax
• 30 drops frankincense essential oil
• 1 cup filtered water
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, stir almond, apricot or coconut oil and beeswax together just until beeswax dissolves. Do not allow oil to become hot. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and add frankincense essential oil.
2. Pour water into blender, cover and begin blending it on high speed. With blender running, slowly pour the beeswax-oil mixture through hole in blender lid. The mixture will begin to thicken after about three-quarters of the beeswax has been incorporated.
3. Once all the beeswax has been blended, immediately pour cream into a 16-ounce glass jar or two 8-ounce glass jars. Use a spatula to remove any remaining cream from blender. Makes about 1- 3/4 cups.
For more information on frankincense visit:
The Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
Adapted with permission from Be Your Own Herbalist by Michelle Schoffro Cook, Ph.D., DNM.
Home-Dried Fruits and Vegetables
Keep dehydrated fruits and vegetables on hand this winter to use for tasty fruit leathers, pies, stews and so much more!
Homemade Ginger Tincture Recipe
Use this recipe to preserve ginger by making an extract you can use in a heart-opening elixir.
Herb to Know: Valerian
Try this soothing herb for sweeter sleep.