Drink this homemade herbal tea before meals to avoid indigestion.
MAKES 14 to 20 CUPS
Bitters are easy to make and use—simply sip before meals to offset indigestion. The bulk herbs called for in this recipe can be purchased at natural food stores.
• 1 ounce dried gentian root, cut and sifted
• 1/2 ounce dried barberry, cut and sifted
• 1/2 ounce dried angelica, cut and sifted
• 1/4 ounce dried fennel seed, crushed
• 1/4 ounce cardamom seeds
1. Mix the herbs together and store the mixture in a dark glass jar away from heat. 2. When needed, boil 1 cup of water in a noncorrodible saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of the herbal mixture and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. 3. Let cool, then strain. Drink one-half cup of the bitters twice daily before meals.
Read the main article: Herbal Remedies for Upset Stomachs.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE