For a sweet homemade gift, whip up this beeswax-based Very Vanilla Lip Gloss recipe.
For a sweet homemade gift, whip up a quick batch of this easy beeswax-based balm from EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009) by Lauren Cox and Janice Cox.
• 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla-flavored oil
1. Put beeswax, coconut oil and vitamin E oil in a small microwave-safe container and microwave on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until beeswax has melted. To make on the stovetop, put first three ingredients in a glass measuring cup and place it in a pan with a few inches of water. Bring water to a simmer until ingredients melt. (Or use a double boiler to make multiple batches at once.)
2. Add vanilla extract and stir until well mixed. Pour mixture into a small, clean container and let it cool completely.
3. To use: Spread gloss onto your lips and enjoy!
Recipe reprinted from EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends (Ten Speed Press, 2009) by Lauren Cox and Janice Cox.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE