Whole Beauty (Artisan Books, 2018), by Shiva Rose, is a beginning guide for readers to learn natural recipes and daily rituals for beauty practices. Rose encourages readers to begin on her path in order to grasp techniques, but she also encourages creativity and listening to intuition with the goal in mind to branch out on their own paths. Ritual is at the heart of her book and her practices. Readers can learn to honor themselves and enhance their well-being by drawing attention to details and the time commitment it takes for a successful beauty ritual.
All Skin Types
Use after bathing or before an evening out
• 2 teaspoons mica, either gold or bronze
• 1 tablespoon shea butter or coconut oil
• 3 ounces sunflower seed oil
• 5 drops of vanilla essential oil (or any essential oil you prefer)
• 4-ounce glass bottle with stopper
This oil absolutely makes you glow! It’s indulgent and fun, and it smells heavenly. Mica is a natural mineral dust that adds a hint of glimmer, making this body oil perfect for a date night or when you’re wearing a beautiful dress and want to highlight your skin.
1. Using a funnel, pour the mica into the glass bottle.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the shea butter or coconut oil, then add to the bottle.
3. Pour in the sunflower seed oil and the vanilla essential oil, place the stopper in the bottle, and shake.
4. Use your fingertips to apply lovingly to your shoulders, chest, and limbs.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE