Moisturizing coconut oil pairs with antibacterial honey to create a soothing yet cleansing body wash.
Moisture from coconut oil, invigorating antibacterial properties from honey, and a tangy touch of citrus make this body wash unique. You will have a home spa day with every shower when you use this honey-sweet, sunshine-scented moisturizing body wash.
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
• 1/2 cup raw honey
• 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
• 10 drops lemon essential oil
• 6 drops chamomile essential oil
• 1 cup unscented liquid castile soap
1. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
2. Place coconut oil in the top and cover. Simmer until it’s melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. To preserve the beneficial botanicals, do not overheat. Remove from heat; take the top pan off the double boiler and wipe it dry with a towel.
3. Put honey into a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, using a rubber spatula to get the remainder out of the pan. Whisk ingredients together for a minute, then add essential oils and whisk to blend.
4. Finally, add castile soap, whisking gently to create a uniform liquid. Do not overwhisk, as this activates the soap bubbles.
5. Carefully funnel mixture into a 16-ounce bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label with contents and date; use within a year.
6. To use, apply to damp skin in small, upward motions. Rinse well. Makes 16 ounces.
Learn more about using honey in beauty products in Bee-Friendly Beauty Tips.
Adapted with permission from 100 Organic Skincare Recipes by Jessica Ress.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE