Reinvigorate dry, color-treated hair with this hair oil treatment.
Use this hair mask on color-treated hair every few months to soften and boost shine.
With a kitchen cupboard full of ingredients, Natural Beauty Alchemy (Countryman Press, 2015) will have you making your own skin care products in no time. Fifi M. Maacaron presents 100 easy-to-make recipes for organic health and beauty products, formulated just for you. The following recipe for a hair oil treatment is perfect for moisturizing and repairing dry, color-treated hair.
This book can be purchased from the Mother Earth Living store: Natural Beauty Alchemy.
This bain d’huile will soften colored hair and give it back its shine and manageability. Make this oily hair mask every couple of months, mainly after aggressive hair treatment or if you have dry brittle hair. Moroccan argan oil and rosemary oil are excellent hair ingredients; make sure you include them in this formula to give luster, bounce, and strength to your hair.
• 1 ounce (30 ml) almond oil
• 1 ounce (30 ml) jojoba oil
• 1 teaspoon argan oil
• 10 drops (0.5 ml) rosemary essential oil
1. Mix all of the above ingredients and transfer the mixture to an amber bottle.
2. To use, apply a small amount to wet hair during your shower. Run your fingers through your hair to coat the hair with oil and massage it into your scalp for best absorption.
3. Put on a plastic shower cap and wait 20–30 minutes before shampooing your hair twice.
Learn more about making beauty products and find recipes in Making Homemade Skin Care Products.
This excerpt has been reprinted with permission from Natural Beauty Alchemy by Fifi M. Maacaron and published by The Countryman Press, a division of W.W. Norton & Company, 2015. Purchase this book from our store: Natural Beauty Alchemy.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE