Treat rough, callused feet with this Callus Removal Salt-Scrub recipe.
Peppermint oil gives this scrub a pleasant scent, while sea salt works away at calluses.
Photo by Fotolia/rockvillephoto
Calluses can come from anything from shoes that are too tight to running around barefoot. They are very common and can be remedied with this simple DIY treatment.
Find more ways to pamper your feet in Natural Foot Care: DIY Treatments for Healthy Feet.
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
• 1 tablespoon calendula oil
• 5 drops orange or spearmint essential oil
1. In a small bowl, combine ingredients until salt is completely covered by oil.
2. To use: First soak and wash your feet to soften callused skin. Pat dry.
3. While sitting on the edge of the tub or over a towel or foot tub, massage the mixture into your feet, scrubbing firmly over callused areas. Do this for at least 2 to 3 minutes per foot.
4. Rinse with warm water and roughly rub your feet dry. You should have a moisturizing calendula oil residue on your feet that will penetrate and continue to soften for hours to come.
5. To really pamper your feet, massage a bit of castor oil into each foot and put on a pair of socks. Makes 1 treatment.
Adapted with permission from Natural Foot Care by Stephanie Tourles.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE