Before summer comes to an end, don’t forget to spend time outdoors with friends and family, or to soak up the sun during some restful alone time. If you want ideas on how to spend your warm days, this “could-do” calendar is the place to start.
1. If your garden harvests have been abundant, start preserving produce to enjoy later in the year.
2. Plan a day of bocce ball, ladder toss, and other lawn games for your family.
Photo by Adobe Stock/frog-travel
3. During this hot month, water your garden well in the cool of the morning. Your plants will thank you!
4. Visit a library, join a book club, or revisit a favorite story to celebrate Book Lovers Day on August 9.
5. Lay low on August 10 for National Lazy Day. You’ve earned that “me” time!
Photo by Adobe Stock/pootsonnaja
6. As your summer garden comes to a close, don’t forget to collect and label seeds for next year.
7. Spend an enjoyable evening catching and releasing mesmerizing fireflies.
Get the latest on Healthy Living and Natural Beauty!
Redefine beauty and embrace holistic living with Mother Earth Living by your side. Each issue provides you with easy, hands-on ways to connect your life with the natural world -- from eating seasonally to culinary and medicinal uses of herbs; from aromatherapy and DIY cosmetics to yoga and beyond. Start your journey to holistic living today and you’ll discover all the best and latest information you want on choosing natural remedies and practicing preventive medicine; cooking with a nutritious and whole-food focus; creating a nontoxic home; and gardening for food, wellness and enjoyment. Subscribe to Mother Earth Living today to get inspired on the art of living wisely and living well.
Save Money & a Few Trees!
Pay now with a credit card and take advantage of our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. You’ll save an additional $5 and get six issues of Mother Earth Living for just $19.95! (Offer valid only in the U.S.)
Or, choose Bill Me and pay just $24.95.