Before summer comes to an end, don’t forget to spend time outdoors with friends and family, or to soak up the sun during some restful alone time. If you want ideas on how to spend your warm days, this “could-do” calendar is the place to start.
1. If your garden harvests have been abundant, start preserving produce to enjoy later in the year.
2. Plan a day of bocce ball, ladder toss, and other lawn games for your family.
Photo by Adobe Stock/frog-travel
3. During this hot month, water your garden well in the cool of the morning. Your plants will thank you!
4. Visit a library, join a book club, or revisit a favorite story to celebrate Book Lovers Day on August 9.
5. Lay low on August 10 for National Lazy Day. You’ve earned that “me” time!
Photo by Adobe Stock/pootsonnaja
6. As your summer garden comes to a close, don’t forget to collect and label seeds for next year.
7. Spend an enjoyable evening catching and releasing mesmerizing fireflies.