Limit the amount of pesticides and other chemicals for your health and health of the planet.
We make our homes on Earth, so it’s only natural that human and planetary health are inextricably linked.
1. 2.2 billion pounds of pesticides used annually in the United States. That’s eight pounds for every man, woman, and child.
2. 80% amount pesticide use could be reduced on nine major crops.
3. 1 in 10 number of U.S. community tap water systems that violated water treatment or contaminant standards in 1996. (EPA)
4. 1 million estimated number of American children who have lead in their blood at levels that exceed the “level of concern.” (Centers for Disease Control, 1997)
5. 56.4 million tons of packaging thrown away during 1997. Packaging accounts for 27 percent of solid waste generated in the United States.
6. 10.4 million tons of thrown-away packaging that was plastic (1997).
Source: Natural Resources Defense Council .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE