An open house for the Natural Home Show House , a sustainable model home that showcases energy and water-saving building methods, will take place August 1 through August 9.
Located in Tapatio Springs, Texas, the Natural Home Show House is a traditional two-story rock and stucco structure loaded with the latest in green technologies. Some of the green features of the home include geothermal heating and cooling; passive solar design; a water harvesting system; native landscaping; energy-efficient appliances; and recycled-content cabinets, countertops and furnishings.
The open house will feature an interactive forum with educational exhibits throughout the home about the latest green products and technologies.
The open house will take place:
• Saturday and Sunday, August 1-2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Monday through Friday, August 3-7 from noon to 6 p.m.
• Saturday and Sunday August 8-9 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Admission is $5 per person; children 10 and under are free. Go here for directions.
More on green building
• Learn about how new legislation has created more opportunities in green building .
• See last year’s Natural Home Show House !
• Read about how skyscrapers are going green to attract tenants.