This week the University of California Berkeley will host an international conference on green building.“Green Building, The Economy and Public Policy” takes place December 2-3 on the UC Berkeley campus and will address many aspects of green building, including:
• Incentives and the performance-based approach to green building
• Technology, building codes and their implementation in green construction
• The evolution of green labels in real estate markets
• Unanticipated market responses to changing standards and regulations
• Green building investment strategies, from residential retrofits to commercial portfolios
• New financial approaches in the field of energy-based and carbon-impact performance
Festival will include representatives of organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Japanese Ministry of Finance and Wal-Mart’s sustainable facilities division.
For more information, check out this detailed agenda for the conference.
More about green building
• Where will green building be in 10 years? Architects and educators share their vision for the future of green building.